At BB&T, it's about excellence. It's about the best people creating and building a world-class organization in an ever-changing world. Our success as an organization is based on the vision, mission and values that define the BB&T Philosophy - fundamental principles that guide us in how we do business every single day.
Since 1872, BB&T has operated on the principle that each individual is capable of making a positive impact on the organization. It's a belief that has allowed BB&T to evolve into one of the financial service industry's highest performers. Over the last five years, BB&T has had the highest growth rate in non-interest revenue among the country's 20 largest banks. The reason for this outstanding performance - our employees. BB&T attracts the best talent in the financial services industry. Our success is a direct result of our corporate vision, mission and values.
BB&T Corporation, headquartered in Winston-Salem, N.C. , is a fast growing, highly profitable financial holding company with $ 152 billion in assets. Its bank subsidiaries operate more than 1,500 financial centers in the Carolinas, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Georgia, Maryland, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, Indiana and Washington, D.C. BB&T ranks No. 2 in market share in North Carolina; No. 4 in Virginia/Washington, D.C.; No. 3 in South Carolina; No. 1 in West Virginia; No. 5 in Georgia; No. 6 in Maryland; No. 4 in Kentucky; and No. 6 in Tennessee.
Since 1989, BB&T has completed the acquisition of 60 community banks and thrifts, more than 85 insurance agencies, and 35 non-bank financial services companies. This acquisition strategy has contributed significantly to B&T's success. BB&T Corporation is one of the top financial holding companies in the country.
Awards and Recognition
BB&T has been recognized by our clients for quality service, and by external audiences for excellence in performance. These are some of the most recent awards and commendations earned by BB&T:
- Consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of America's "Most Admired Companies."
- Ranked No. 250 on the 2008 Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations.
- Consistently among the nation's top three "small business-friendly" financial-holding companies according to the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Recognized by the U.S. Small Business Administration as the 2008 Export Working Capital Lender of the Year
- Ranked highest in customer service satisfaction among primary mortgage servicing companies, according to a nationwide study by J.D. Power and Associates (2008).
- BB&T Wealth Management was ranked the Most Prestigious Regional Bank Wealth Managers by high net-worth consumers in the Luxury Brand Status Index survey from the Luxury Institute (2008).
- Ranked No. 18 in Training Magazine's "Training Top 125" list for quality of employee training programs (2008).
- Named 2008 Dividend Achiever by Mergent, a New York City-based provider of global financial information, a distinction earned by less than 2 percent of all publicly traded companies.
- Presented with seven Excellence in Business Banking awards by Greenwich Associates (2007) - among the highest number of such awards given to any U.S. bank. BB&T received awards for quality of service in the following categories: Overall Customer Satisfaction - Nationally and Southern Region, Business Banker, Branch Services, Call Center, Personal Banking and Cash Management Services.
- BB&T Capital Markets analysts named "Top Equity Analysts" by Forbes.com and StarMine (2008).
- Among the top 100 "Best Corporate Citizens" by Corporate Responsibility Officer magazine (2007).